Each of CCAI’s programs is designed to empower and provide a platform for children, youth, families, and advocates to share their experiences with Members of Congress. These policymakers can then create federal policy reforms that positively impact children in U.S. foster care and orphanages around the world. You can make a personal investment in these children’s lives by volunteering with CCAI, educating yourself and others through communication and advocacy, and engaging in your community.
Volunteer with CCAI
Throughout the year CCAI has a range of volunteer opportunities. Here are a few:
- Former Capitol Hill Staff: Host our Angels in Adoption® on Capitol Hill during the Angels in Adoption® Hill Day or advise a Foster Youth Intern as they write their policy report to Congress.
- Professional Photographers and Videographers: Capture the stories of the children, youth, and families sharing their stories on Capitol Hill at CCAI’s special events.
- Graphic Designers: Assist with designs for CCAI’s Annual Report, website, and special events.
- Professional Editors: Assist the Directors of Policy, Programs, and Development with editing projects.
- Media and Journalists: Write and pitch stories about CCAI’s Angels in Adoption®, Foster Youth Interns, 20/20 Vision Program, and other policy efforts in Congress.
- Development: Assist the Director of Development with thank you notes, research, and database management. Participate in CCAI fundraising campaigns.
Please note: Some opportunities require expertise or physical presence in the office.
- Stay apprised of federal adoption and child welfare legislation with CCAI’s Resource: Adoption and Foster Care Legislation in the 117th Congress.
- Keep up with all CCAI’s Programs, events, and opportunities and news by signing up for our email listserv.
Communicate and Advocate
- Follow CCAI’s blog and social media accounts and share our posts.
- Spread the news about the Angels in Adoption® and Foster Youth Internship Program® to qualified individuals, families, and organizations.
- Inform your Members of Congress about the work of the Congressional Coalition on Adoption, the largest bipartisan, bicameral caucus in Congress.
Engage in Your Community
- Check out our Programs pages for ways to engage in each of CCAI’s programs.
- Learn more about foster care adoption and National Adoption Day.
- Become a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA).
- Build and maintain relationships with your Members of Congress and their adoption and child welfare staff.
For more information, please contact CCAI's Programs Coordinator, Sara Schleicher, at email@example.com.