These resources provide information that can be used to better understand the depth and scope of issues impacting children and families around the world.
- Office of Children’s Issues, U.S. Department of State responds to inquiries about the intercountry adoption process, issues alerts about crisis situations, and leads in diplomatic efforts with host countries about adoption laws and procedures.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Department of Homeland Security determines the eligibility and suitability of the Prospective Adoptive Parents (individuals) looking to adopt; and determines the eligibility of the child to come to the United States.
Global Child Welfare
- USAID Center on Children in Adversity is a source for information, facts, and reports on issues affecting children in various countries around the world.
- Better Care Network works to foster global collaboration, research and information sharing on family strengthening and alternative care.
- UNICEF Data and Analytics provides data and analysis related to children worldwide.
- Faith to Action Initiative provides key research and global findings designed for faith-based organizations and practitioners seeking to root their actions in evidence based-practice.
- On Understanding Orphan Statistics (CAFO)
Note: Inclusion on the above list does not represent an endorsement or recommendation by CCAI.