Angels In Adoption®
CCAI’s Angels in Adoption® Program honors a wide spectrum of individuals and organizations making extraordinary contributions in adoption, permanency, and child welfare. Each year, the Angels in Adoption® awardees travel to Washington, D.C. to both celebrate their hard work and dedication to the issues and participate in special events designed to engage them in using their personal experience to effect change on behalf of children in need of families. CCAI also honors a select number of National Angels in Adoption® whose contributions have had a national impact.
Past recipients of this award include: Muhammad Ali, First Lady Laura Bush, Kristin Chenoweth, Scott Fujita, Deborra-lee Furness, Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley, Patti LaBelle, Ne-Yo, Rhea Perlman, Shonda Rhimes, Korie and Willie Robertson, Al Roker, Jane Seymour, Scott and Tracie Hamilton, Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy, Bruce Willis, Nia Vardalos, Bill Klein and Jen Arnold, Connie Britton, Rachel Crow, Studios, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Hallmark Channel, and PEOPLE Magazine.
The program also draws national and local media attention to raise public awareness about the positive difference adoption makes in the life of a child and inspires others to step forward to consider adoption. Through the multiple special events that make up the Angels in Adoption® Program, Members of Congress also learn first-hand about adoption and foster care efforts taking place within their state and across the country.
Congressional Member Opportunities
- Recommend a constituent from your home state or district when recommendations open in June 2019.
U.S. Senate Recommendation Process - Coming soon!
U.S. House of Representatives Recommendation Process - Coming soon!
- Attend a VIP Reception with the National Angels in Adoption® celebrity honorees on the evening of Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
- Host a meeting with an Angels in Adoption® honoree from your state or district during the day on Thursday, November 14, 2019
- Attend the Angels in Adoption® Gala and meet with an Angel from your state or district on Thursday, November 14, 2019.
- Meet your constituent in your home district.
To learn more about how to engage in the Angels in Adoption® Program, contact Kate McLean at email@example.com.